BA Theatre Arts
The Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts is a general degree offered for students with a primary interest in a holistic theatre arts education, but with the flexibility to pursue other studies in additional majors or minors. The degree is appropriate preparation for those planning to seek admission to a graduate program in general theatre studies.
The Baylor Department of Theatre Arts has the following major goals for students in the BA Theatre Arts program:
- To gain comprehensive experience of the collaborative work and artistry required to create a theatrical production
- To acquire a useful and detailed knowledge of theatre history and dramatic literature
- To develop skills in play analysis and an understanding of dramatic theory to inform artistic choice
- To demonstrate informed and articulate skills of critique when offering value judgments about theatrical and dramatic work
- To develop business skills for the profession, which may include including a repertoire of audition pieces, a resume and headshot, a design portfolio, a rendering and process presentation, a professional website, interviewing experience, and an understanding of the function of theatrical unions, agents, and producing organizations